Import ADIF Issues

QSO logging software for the Mac
K9TF

Import ADIF Issues

Unread post by K9TF »

I had an issue.

After I down loaded this program I imported my ADIF. I had over 17000 log entries. After 15 minutes of waiting I thought the import locked up so I rebooted the computer. I opened the program again and started the import again. This time I waited over 2 hours to import. I later discovered that I had over 19000 log entries. I discovered that over 2000 of these were exact duplicates and were the first 2000 plus in my log. So I had to make a new Log file and delete DOT RSD file and start the whole process with a clean import but agin it took several hours to complete this task.

Keep The Faith, Jim
Jim K9TF
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Import ADIF Issues

Unread post by DL2RUM »

ADIF import is a very time consuming procedure. There is a lot of computations and error checking. You can abort the import all the time by pressing Escape or Command period.
Since a large import is not very often required, we can live with that. Maybe I can find some points to optimize it in the future.

During testing now, I found out that the progress indicator is not shown as it should. Stay tuned, I have to investigate....
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM