ZLP Interface with Kenwood TS-570S

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
MD0MDI

ZLP Interface with Kenwood TS-570S

Unread post by MD0MDI »

I cannot get it to work with a Kenwood TS-570S using a ZLP Interface (DigiMaster Pro 3), works OK under windows, but cannot get it to work at all under OSX, has anyone else had this problem?

Also note that I also tried MacLoggerDX and could not get that to work either.

James
kf5jra

Re: ZLP Interface with Kenwood TS-570S

Unread post by kf5jra »

Do you see the ZLP device listed in System Information? From what I can gather the ZLP device uses the FTDi chipset. What version of OSX are you using?
--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron Rosson
MD0MDI

Unread post by MD0MDI »

I does load 2 sub ports though should be 3, as for OS X version it should be the latest, new iMac 5k, sorry for sounding vague but just been given it, normally a windows person
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

Can you confirm that you see the sound card and USB ports? To see if it is seeing the sound card you can go to system preferences -> sound and see if you see a USB codec in the dropdown. In either RUMlogNG or MLDX when you are configuring the radio what ports do you have available. In either one of the programs you will be looking for something like /dev/cu.

Hope this helps
--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron Rosson
MD0MDI

Unread post by MD0MDI »

I have USB Audio Codec under Input and Output so I pressume that this is the Sound Card sorted.

Under RumLogNG Settings > TRCVR I have two usb ports: usbserial-00005214A and usbserial-00005214B, I have tried setting both and both dont see the radio, baud is set to 9600 stop bits 1 and no other options ticked.

I have tried all option with usbserial-00005214B and it does not read the freq from the radio at all.

when using usbserial-00005214A, if I select RTS/CTS it puts the radio into transmit and will not stop until I unselect RTS/CTS.

James
kf5jra

Unread post by kf5jra »

Can you verify your settings on your radio with what you are trying to use in either Application (RUMlogNG or MLDX). The menu settings can be found on page 51 your radios manual. The only other issue I can think of is that the adapter you are using to interface your radio to your iMac might not like the USB 3.0 ports (but that is reaching)

Hope this helps.
--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron Rosson