Multi-QTH / Remote logging

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
KT5V David

Multi-QTH / Remote logging

Unread post by KT5V David »

I keep all my QSOs from a given entity in one log, but with multiple QTHs. Currently, I've been adding a note with the secondary QTH or location of the remote station I sometime use, then searching on that note to isolate those QSOs. I have TQSL set up with multiple QTHs under my certificate so I can upload with the correct location information for my "QTH" for that QSO. I simply search, select the QSOs, then LoTW out - a window comes up with a list of QTHs and I select the right QTH, sign and upload.

This works great - when I remember to add the note the QSOs. This can get tricky as I sometimes bounce between home station and remote in a single operating session.

I wonder if in a future release, an option could be added the user defined fields - something like "My QTH" which would tag each QSO w/o using the note. This user field would be need to be added to search options. Ideally, a user defined pull down list of QTH options could be defined to make this even faster.

Just a thought

73 de David KT5V
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Multi-QTH / Remote logging

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I do also operate from 2 locations. I have set a user field to the ADIF tag "my_gridsquare" (Preferences-->General). Since it is an ADIF conform field, it will be exported and can be imported correct by other software. Search options for the new user fields will be available in the next program version.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
KT5V David

Re: Multi-QTH / Remote logging

Unread post by KT5V David »

Great idea Tom to use the grid square. Having an ADIF standard tag is important. I'll take a look at this.