New User Defined Fields in v1.07

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
dje4816

New User Defined Fields in v1.07

Unread post by dje4816 »

Tom,

I have changed over to the new RumLog as suggested and the new User Defined fields have solved my problem - I have set field nr 1 up as the Operator field.

This works perfectly for new QSOs. However, all old QSOs (about 3,600) don't show the info. The imported ADIF file has the normal <OPERATOR> field, and they're all populated with various operator callsigns, but it doesn't show in Rumlog. Is there anyway I can get the old data to display? This will enable the current operator to know if he has worked a particular station before.

Thanks for a great facelift to RumLog!

Best 73s,

Dave. :)
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: New User Defined Fields in v1.07

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When you have set a field to <OPERATOR> for ADIF import/export, it should import the operator into this field. When not, then there is a failure.
op.png
op.png (11.41 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
op.png
op.png (11.41 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
dje4816

Unread post by dje4816 »

Thanks, Tom. I have now solved the problem. When I started using the (old) Rumlog, I imported my ADIF file from logger32 on my PC. The <OPERATOR> data wasn't displayed.

I downloaded the new RumLog, exported the ADIF file from my old RumLog and imported it into the new RumLog. Still no OPERATOR data! It seems the old RumLog stripped that data out. So I imported the original logger32 ADIF file and the OPERATOR data is now displayed correctly for 3,600 QSOs.

Many thanks for your advice. I am making a donation.

I have another query. When I enter a QSO with a station I already worked, I would like to see already-logged data of Name and QTH automatically carried over so that I don't have to retype it every time I work that station. Is there a way to turn this function on, please?

Best 73s,

Dave
G4AJY. :)
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I must think about this. Currently the data transfer from qrz.com or HamQTH.com is supported only.
dje4816

Unread post by dje4816 »

Thanks for the reply, Tom. That data is already in the user's RumLog database, because a previous QSO is saved with all its data. No need to look up QRZ etc.

73s,

Dave.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The operators name may be the same, but locations can change.
dje4816

Unread post by dje4816 »

I have been using Logger32 for about 5 years until I bought a Mac. It has the feature whereby it copes data from previous QSOs automatically. I notice that at least 95% of QTHs never change, so most of the time the data is correct. This is a very useful feature in poor signal condx, because it helps if the op can't easily read name and QTH. It also means that the op doesn't have to keep typing in the same data over and over.

73s,

Dave. :)
K8AJS

Unread post by K8AJS »

DL2RUM wrote:I must think about this. Currently the data transfer from qrz.com or HamQTH.com is supported only.
The problem with this is that very frequently the name the operator uses on the air is not the name that is published in QRZ.com or HAMQTH.com. I have encountered "Dave" instead of "David," "Joe" instead of "Joseph," "Med" instead of "Mohammed" as just a few examples. I would much prefer to use the name given to me by the operator in a previous QSO to using what is online (and as I get older, it's becoming much harder to remember all those names...:-))

John K8AJS
John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com