Yet Another EditDXCC Question

QSO logging software for the Mac
w8hap

Yet Another EditDXCC Question

Unread post by w8hap »

I have several FR*/J and /G QSOs from earlier years, and now, XR0ZR (which I imported from RUMlog2Go). These calls are listed as 'Japan', 'England', and 'Easter Island', respectively. When I open up the EditDXCC.app and go to the 'Calls' panel to add a row, the 'Add Row' is greyed out. I have performed an 'EditDXCC' search on this forum and can't seem to find an answer. What are the step by step procedures to bring these and other potential odd calls in line?

Thank you.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Yet Another EditDXCC Question

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You have to select a row first, where you want to insert the new data.
Please note, when you have logged already the QSO with a wrong dxcc calculated, you have to recalculate it. Select all affected QSOs and go to Menu-->QSO-->Recalculate DXCC-->with zones

Another hint: You should activate the "Use K7DP database" option in the RUMlog preferences under the General tab. This will load automatically irregular call sign like K9W or XR0ZR into the dxcc database.

One more hit: In the EditDXCC app is also a function provided where you can download data from other users provided. Please note the "Download" tab.

My last hint for today: You can copy your edited "dxcc.rsd" database to your iPad using iTunes file sharing.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
w8hap

Re: Yet Another EditDXCC Question

Unread post by w8hap »

I knew there must be a secret. Select a row first (where you want the new call to be located), and then 'Add Row'. It now works like a charm. I have had the K7DP option checked, but since the XR0ZR was ADIF'd to RUMlog from RUMlog2Go, the revised DXCC entry was not automatically updated. Now I have to figure out how to move dxcc.rsd to the iPad.

Thank you again.