RumRouter Setup with MicroKeyer II

QSO logging software for the Mac
ky4f

RumRouter Setup with MicroKeyer II

Unread post by ky4f »

Any help would be appreciated. I have borrowed a K3 and cannot get RumLog/RumRouter/MKII combination to work on RTTY (FSK) or PSK. CW works fine. On RTTY and PSK I cannot key the rig. I am able to copy fine. I'm sure this is a setup problem, but I'm stumped! Rather than go through everything I've done so far, I wonder if someone can provide a step by step set up which works for them. I've tried so many different settings that all I've managed to do is confuse myself, so, it would be easier to do a reset and start from settings someone is using that work.

Thanks

73, Doug
KY4F
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RumRouter Setup with MicroKeyer II

Unread post by DL2RUM »

On RTTY and PSK I cannot key the rig.
The problem is the PTT keying?
What is your setup? How do you run RTTY/PSK. Using the K3 internal functions? Do you use cocoaModem? FSK or AFSK for RTTY? There are to many combinations possible. I'm sure, it will work for you.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
ky4f

Unread post by ky4f »

In RumLog I have Digi set up as:
RTTY:
Modem cM + MKII(FSK)
PTT: MicroHAM
Tones: Low

PSK:
Modem cocoaModem
PTT:microHAM

In RumRouter I have PTT 1 and 2 checked under Digi

The only change to the cocoaModem preferences default is that I turned off the auto start of uH Router.
In cocoaModem when I select Window->config-Transmitter (in RTTY) VOX is the only PTT option available. In cocoaModem while in PSK if I go to the Window->Config the only PTT option is VOX. As with RTTY all other options are ghosted.

I am able to control the rig and CW works fine therefore I've not included that setup info.

Thanks Tom. I appreciate the help.

73, KY4F
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

It seems, your settings are correct. Is the FSK LED on the microKeyer blinking while sending? Due to your setting, both PTT LEDs should be lit when activating the PTT in the RUMlogs Digi window.
In the RUMrouter preferences select the option "modeChange" for a display row. This provides more information on the display.
The microKeyer must be switched into the Digi Mode. Make sure the K3 is set to FSK-D and in the RUMlog logging mask RTTY is shown as mode. In the Digi window the RTTY button must be active. When switching to RTTY, the microKeyer display should show that. Something like "FSK Init" Watch the MK display. You can force the MK Switching using the buttons provided in the RUMrouter window. Watch the display.
After selecting PTT1 and PTT2 in the RUMrouter preferences, do you have pushed the button "Save as Default"?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
ky4f

Unread post by ky4f »

Sorry I've been busy and just now getting back to this.
The FSK light does flash when trying to send, but no PTT.
However, when I start RumLog I am able to control the rig fine, but the display on the MKII doesn't light up. When I start uH Router, the display does light up. I have not been able to find the correct setting to use the MKII display with RumLog.