Bluetooth LE CAT interface

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
ct1drb

Re: Bluetooth LE CAT interface

Unread post by ct1drb »

Hi Tom,

tks a lot for you tip, it solved problem. Now it is working quite well. in fact to update firmware from the BLE device is quite easy with proper iPad software.

Again, tks a lot and I am still looking forward to do an activation with your software.

Best 73.

CT1DRB
David Quental
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Fine David, your report about an activation is welcome.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
BG5EEF

Unread post by BG5EEF »

The 2479 can be set 38400 UART peripheral baud rate,using"AT+BAUDRATE=38400" when in CMD mode.
SM7IUN

Unread post by SM7IUN »

I just built an interface using the Adafruit 2479 and a Sparkfun MAX3232 Breakout board for levelshifting. It works like a charm at 38400bps.
I however found that RUMlogNG2Go does not quite support my KX2. The VOX (button?) does not seem to do anything and the VFO buttons
A/B and A->B does not work. I am a little surprised since I thought the CAT command for those were the same for both K3, KX2 and KX3.
What I would love to see, also, is a toggling Dual Watch button (there is an empty slot to the right of "Split" :-))

Other than that I love being able to use CW macros and not having to enter band and mode manually all the time!

DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Please note, the KX2 isn't supported by this application.
The Elecraft CAT commands are (nearly) always on all models the same, but for few functions there are no direct CAT commands provided. Then we have to "simulate" a key hit via CAT. These codes are different for each model.
I don't have a KX2 available for testing. If you are willing to help out with testing the missing functions, I could add a direct KX2 support.
As work around you can program the provided free macro buttons to add functions for your convenience.
SM7IUN

Unread post by SM7IUN »

I am aware that RUMlogNG2Go officially only supports KX3 but I thought the CAT commands where actually the same for K3/KX3/KX2 but it seems they are not.
I would be more than happy in supporting you with testing and verification of KX2 support! (At least hypotethically, RUMlog could ask the radio which model it is, using the OM command.)
VE3MM

Unread post by VE3MM »

I am considering building an interface to use with my KX2 and K2 when in the field. Does the RUMlog2Go Bluetooth LE feature work on an Iphone?
Rick ve3mm
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

No, CAT control is for iPad only.
SM3UQK

Unread post by SM3UQK »

Hi
Any idea if this can be used with the Yaesu FT-857D?

/Nils
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Not on the iPad.