QSO data exchange possibilities

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
DL2RUM
Administrator

QSO data exchange possibilities

Unread post by DL2RUM »

See the attached document for log file and ADIF data exchange between RUMlog on your Mac and iDevice.
Data Exchange.pdf
(46.9 KiB) Downloaded 2760 times
Data Exchange.pdf
(46.9 KiB) Downloaded 2760 times
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K1JX

Re: QSO data exchange possibilities

Unread post by K1JX »

I'm having bad luck with this with the most recent update.

Normally, I use a MacBook Air M1 for all the logging. I then routinely save the latest log file to iCloud for backup. I do this through normal macOS means, not directly through RumLogNG.

I often download a copy of this log directly to RumLog2Go on my iPad Pro so that if I see a spot while doing something else, I can see if I'd already worked the station. Then I'd head to the shack.

This approach has worked for years, very successfully.

But, since updating to 6.0 August 2022 this no longer works. If I try to "Download log" from Log Settings, it looks like the log is being downloaded, but it doesn't appear in the window of logs as being available. If I copy a log file to my iPad and try to open it, same thing.

I have another iPad Pro that I haven't updated RumLog2Go on. It's still at 5.4.7 July 2022. It still works perfectly.

I tried deleting and reinstalling 6.0, with the iPad powered off after deleting 6.0. No effect.

Bug? Error by me? Note that I'm not doing anything with Syncing Logs.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There is a problem in the latest version, I can confirm that. I'm not sure, but it seems I published an older version, not ready for release. I will send you a TestFlight invitation to make sure.
DL5KCI

Unread post by DL5KCI »

Hello Tom,

i would like to exchange new records from my iPad (rumlog2go) with my MacBook (rumlogNG). I marked single records (QSOs) i want to bring there but rumlog2go tells me to upload all records. Is this only possible via ADIF-File exchange?

73, Ingo
73, Ingo, dl5kci
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You have to mark the QSOs in question using the QSO contextual menu before you start the export routine.
f5ukw

Unread post by f5ukw »

DL2RUM wrote: Tue 21. Mar 2023, 20:06 You have to mark the QSOs in question using the QSO contextual menu before you start the export routine.
What do you mean "mark the QSO in question"?
73 de F5UKW, the Southernmost active DX Station JN12KO

Get 3D Live Tracking for outdoor activities including your DX activations
DL5KCI

Unread post by DL5KCI »

i 've marked the QSO: for example 10 qsos of 20 qsos and choose "Export to synced log". But the popup tells me: " all QSOs from this log will be imported in synced log"
What am i doing wrong ?

73, Ingo
73, Ingo, dl5kci
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

i 've marked the QSO: for example 10 qsos of 20 qsos and choose "Export to synced log". But the popup tells me: " all QSOs from this log will be imported in synced log"
What am i doing wrong ?
You can't export single QSOs into the synced logbook. In the synced logbook you can import single QSOs via ADIF.
DL5KCI

Unread post by DL5KCI »

works, mni tnx!
73, Ingo, dl5kci