Dropbox issue?

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
iz0tws

Dropbox issue?

Unread post by iz0tws »

Hi,
(before my best thanks for a so complete logger and ipad app, it is perfect for my needs).
Now an issue related to the dropbox sync, or at least it seems to be related to dropbox.
If I save a qso from Mac all the qso are in the rsd file and I can see all qso in Ipad.
Instead if I add some qso from Ipad the rsd file is not update.
Dropbox log tell me that file has been updated, but inside there are no new qso.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Dropbox issue?

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The system is not designed to work with both devices parallel. RUMlog on the Mac doesn't notice changes in the log. After syncing you can press Command W and the new logged QSOs should become visible.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
iz0tws

Unread post by iz0tws »

No, the 2 program are not working in parallel.
The issue is related to the fact that the new qso recorded in rumlog2go are not written in the dropboxfile. The file is updated (i can see it in the dropbox status) but no new qso is written there.
w8hap

Unread post by w8hap »

Try shutting the iPad down completely and bringing it back up. Then try the dropbox transfer. The only way I can transfer ADIF files is using this approach. Otherwise, the mailed ADIF file contains "0" QSOs.
iz0tws

Unread post by iz0tws »

I also tryed to uninstall an reinstall again but with the same result.
If can be helpful in the issue analysis is the following fact.
Let's say the log in the dropbox shared file contains 2 QSO.
Both the two QSO are written by RUMlog (mac).
As soon Ipad sync with dropbox rumlog2go (ipad) shows the 2 QSO.
Now if I add a third QSO in the Ipad and save it, I can see the spinner appearing and the dropbox file is updated.
If I open with the text editor I only see the first two QSo but not the third one.
Also if I export the data from the ipad using export to clipboard only the first two QSO are exported and not the third one.
If I select only the third one and export it, the content of the clipbord is only the ADIF header (<adif_ver:5>........ <eoh> )
If I switch in log settings menu and select a local rsd file and after i switch again on the dropbox file in the IPAD i can olny see the first 2 QSO and the third one is vanished.

So what I think is that the procedure you use for updating the dropbox file, for such a reason, doesn't works correctly. Somthing is written (a null value?) because the file is updated and also dropbox reacts sharing a new version. Maybe some file permission issue?
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Do you use the latest RUMlog version 1.1.1?

I just came back from a trip, I will check the issues next week.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
iz0tws

Unread post by iz0tws »

yes 1.1.1

I made another trial. I created the log from the IPAD and now it seems everything works. So my hypothesis is that if I create the log file from mac some issue related to permission raise up.