RUMlog2GO Logs to RUMlog

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
w8hap

RUMlog2GO Logs to RUMlog

Unread post by w8hap »

How does one transfer log files from RUMlog2GO to RUMlog? For the moment I am logging on an iPad and wish to transfer log information to an iMac located elsewhere. Although I have Dropbox installed on both machines, I do not know how to use it. Is there another alternative to transfer files between machines? I assume that when I am able to do the transfer, any incremental transfers will not include dupes on the iMac.

Again, thank you for your patience.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RUMlog2GO Logs to RUMlog

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Dropbox is a good solution to keep your machines synced.
You have not to deal with the Dropbox App on the iPad. Go to the Log Settings screen, push the button "Link to Dropbox" in the upper right corner. You have to enter your access data.

Now you have to change to your Mac. Look into your Dropbox folder, a new folder Apps/RUMlog/ should have been created by Dropbox. Copy your latest log file into this folder. After the sync has finished, change to your iPad.

In the Log Settings, you can swap now between your local files and files in the Dropbox. Use the now visible Button "Dropbox" to use these log files. It may take few seconds for initial syncing. Your log files should appear in the selection wheel now. Make your selection and you are ready to log.

All changed on the iPad will be pushed to the Dropbox immediately. In RUMlog on the Mac, you can open direct the Dropbox file. Changes in the Dropbox files will not show effects on the Mac.

Another solution is an ADIF export. Mark all new logged QSOs by a long touch on a QSO row. use the "Export" button. Now you can e-mail your ADIF Log to your Mac.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
w8hap

Unread post by w8hap »

Thank you again, Tom. I ended up using the ADIF transport option. When I tried using Dropbox the result was a duplicate of my files on the iPad. I obviously made a mistake in the process. Until I figure it out, I will use ADIF.
w8hap

Unread post by w8hap »

In transferring ADIF files from RUMlog2Go I have experienced cases in which the transferred file will have zero QSOs. For example, a two finger long press is used to mark all QSOs below a given one for transfer. Export is done but the ADIF file contains no QSOs. A solution I found is to completely shut down the iPad, re-open it, and try again. This time the ADIF file will contain the marked QSOs. Perhaps others who routinely turn off the iPad without completely shutting it down will experience the same problem.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Thanks for the report.
Currently I'm not able to reproduce this bug.
Is in the email's body the correct numbers of QSOs shown?
ADIF export RUMlog2Go: 14 QSO(s)
Is a file attached?
Is the attached file completely empty or is there a header?
ADIF Export from RumLog2Go by DL2RUM (tom@dl2rum.de)
For further info visit: http://www.dl2rum.de
<adif_ver:5>2.2.7
<programid:6>RUMlog
<eoh>
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
w8hap

Unread post by w8hap »

The email header for the ADIF file shows '0' QSOs.

The text of the ADIF file is:

ADIF Export from RumLog2Go by DL2RUM (tom@dl2rum.de)
For further info visit: http://www.dl2rum.de
<adif_ver:5>2.2.7
<programid:6>RUMlog
<eoh>

This behavior has occurred multiple times. Again, turning off the iPad completely and bringing it back up solves the problem