How to Get Started

RUMlog for the iPad and iPhone
w8hap

How to Get Started

Unread post by w8hap »

I've downloaded RUMlog2Go on my iPad. Checking the Help button provides a topic list, but not a 'getting started guide'. Simply stated, how do I learn to start using RUMlog2Go? The app itself looks impressive.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: How to Get Started

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Configuring a new logbook software will vary from user to user, pending on the used services.
Assuming you are not using RUMlog on the Mac I would start this way:
Start at the 'Log Settings' screen, the active logbook name is 'DefauldLog.rsd'.
  • You can create other logbook files with entering a filename and using the 'Create a new log' button.
  • Enter your callsign and your 6-digit grid square in the provided fields.
  • Push the buttons 'Download LoTW users' and 'Download eQSL users' to download the latest lists. LoTW users are marked in dx cluster spots with a trailing dot. An internet connection is required.
  • If you want to use qrz.com (payed subscription required) or HamQTH.com (free registration required) enter your account data into the provided fields.
Now you are ready to log.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
w8hap

Unread post by w8hap »

Thank you so much, Tom.
OK1IVU

Unread post by OK1IVU »

Hallo dr om Tom. Your log is better than HamLog because in your log is also cluster and many things useful for me . I installed that now. All is OK, but I can not start that log with my KX3 . I have Pigtail from USA and with Hamlog I have not any problem. But when I give to RUMLog address of my Pigtail -10.1.1.11 and port 7373 and tape connect on to KX3 control I do not see anything. What I doing wrong ? Vlada OK1IVU 73 !
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

When you are using the original configuration as you get the Pigtail/Piglet from Nick, you have to use the following settings:
  • Connect your iPad to the Pigtail's WLAN "Pigtail"
  • For the ip address you have to enter the Pigtail's Router address 10.1.1.1, not the internal address 10.1.1.11!
  • The port is 7373.
  • Please note, the baud rate is originally set just to 4800.
Tnx Karl-Heinz, DK5LP for finding out this.
TZ6BB

Unread post by TZ6BB »

I have a subscription to qrz.com and have entered the user name and password in the settings of RumLog2Go. When I enter a call in the logging mask I get to the data associated to that particular call in qrz.com. When I get to that screen I press on "Use Data" (in green, on that screen) assuming the data will be saved to the logging mask when I go back there. But no, there is nothing there when I go back to logging. What am I doing wrong?

Fernando
TZ6BB
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

iPad or iPhone?
It seems, your work flow is correct:
  • Entering a call sign into the logging mask
  • touch button "qrz.com"
  • data will show up
  • touch button "Use data"
  • Name, QTH, Grid, etc will be filled into the logging mask
TZ6BB

Unread post by TZ6BB »

It's an iPhone...

Here's the sequence I follow:

- In the New QSO screen (logging mask) I enter the call and accept
- I press on the arrow to the right of the call sign box, and I am taken to the Info screen
- On this screen I press on the arrow to the right of qrz.com, and I am taken to the qrz.com screen, where I see correctly all the data associated to that call
- I press on Use Data and I am taken back to the Info screen
- I press on New QSO and I am taken back to the New QSO screen. The call sign is still there, but not so the qrz.com info...

I got the app only today and still fiddling with it, so I assume I am doing something wrong. I am totally in love with this application anyway, as I am with RumLog and its features.

Best 73 from Mali

Fernando
TZ6BB
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Opps, you are right. There is something broken. :oops: :oops: :oops:
I will investigate.
PA9CW

Unread post by PA9CW »

Tom,

Today I installed RumLog2Go. It's a very nice app. I also use Rumlog for years. What I can't find out is how to connect my KX3 with the iPad mini. Is this only possible with Pigtail ? Or can you use a cable ? Can I use the lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter with a USB to KX3 ?
Thanks for the help.

PA9CW, Tonnie