TS-590s interface back on. Tnx Daniel

QSO logging software for the Mac
NY3M

TS-590s interface back on. Tnx Daniel

Unread post by NY3M »

I have a new TS-590s, which I had working like a charm with RumLog thanks to advice here. I could double click on a spot and the radio would go there. I could dial up a frequency and the program khz window would update continuously. Band changing was a snap.

Then I decided to try to set up and use fldigi for PSK-31 because I had never used that mode. The 590s is the first radio I have ever had with a computer interface. Took me a while, but I got the menus and levels right and was on PSK-31. Now I'm done with that. My main interest is CW interfaced with RumLog.

But, now I am unable to get the RumLog interface to work properly. Here's what happens:

I turn the radio on.
I boot up RumLog and the program reads the radio's frequency on the spot, as it ought to do. BUT, when I change the radio's frequency, RumLog doesn't track it. To get RumLog to read the new frequency, I must EITHER reboot RumLog OR go to the RumLog preferences, make a change in the TRX1 preference and save it. Rumlog reads the new frequency OK, but freezes there until I reboot again, etc.

Here are the RumLog settings and 590 menu settings as they stand now:

RumLog TRX1 settings:
TRCVR: TS-590/TS-2000
Port: SLAB_USBtoART
Baud: 57600
Bits: 8
Parity: None
Stopbits: 1
Use CTS - checked
All other boxes unchecked

Radio Menus:
62: 57600
63: USB
64: 4
65: 4

Clearly, I have a menu item messed up. Can anyone set me right? Sweepstakes is coming this weekend! I don't care if I don't use PSK-31! Help me get back to RumLog, Rumped and CW!

Bill, NY3M
Last edited by NY3M on Wed 29. Oct 2014, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
ddanecki

Re: TS-590s interface stopped working

Unread post by ddanecki »

Hi Bill,

This is out of top of my head as I don't have my TS-590 hooked up right now. There is A and B VFO. RUMLog seems to be able to read frequency out of A VFO. Check if you didn't perhaps switch it to VFO B. If that's not the case I can investigate a little bit tomorrow.
de SQ2KLU
Daniel
NY3M

Re: TS-590s interface stopped working

Unread post by NY3M »

That took care of it.

Thanks, Daniel.