FT-817 RigBlaster P&P help

QSO logging software for the Mac
N2CSI

FT-817 RigBlaster P&P help

Unread post by N2CSI »

Hi everyone. I have been trying to connect the Ft-817 via the RigBlaster Plug & Play to my MacBook Pro without much success. I wonder if anyone here is using this setup.

When I go into RumLog, I know it connects as depending on the RTS boxes if they are checked or not it will make the transmitter go into TX as soon as I init the rig from the menu, so I always have to turn it off and uncheck all boxes. But that just tells me that there is comm between them . Using the default settings for the ft-817 and unchecking those boxes, I will get nothing. I have tried the drivers supplied by RiGBlaster and others that I read about here on the forums.

Any help on this is very welcomed.

Thanks,

Carlos
N2CSI
N2CSI

Re: FT-817 RigBlaster P&P help

Unread post by N2CSI »

OK obviously no one is connecting this way. What do you recommend then to connect the RumLog to either a MacBook Pro an iPad or Nexus tablet?

Thanks.
ddanecki

Unread post by ddanecki »

Hello!

I understand that RUMLog connects to the TRX and reads frequency, right ? If that's not the case please let me know.

If you plan to operate digital within RUMLog, in the preferences, in Digi section, you have option called PTT. Play with it a little bit. It seems that TRX will PTT when it receives signal on RTS or DTR. You will see both of those options there. Choose one, check if it works. If not, try the other one.
de SQ2KLU
Daniel
N2CSI

Unread post by N2CSI »

Thanks Daniel will try it later tonight.