CW same type of window as RTTY/PSK in KX3 mode

QSO logging software for the Mac
or5a

CW same type of window as RTTY/PSK in KX3 mode

Unread post by or5a »

Hello.

I recently found Rumlog and I am excited about it using a small Macbook air and a KX3.
My goal is to be as portable as possible but still have a nice station that remains compact.
One of the strong points is the internal decoder/encoder for CW/RTTY/PSK31 in the KX3.
I found Rumlog to be very nice supporting a digimode window that uses the KX3 internal coding.
No need for soundcard and wires, just the serial cable for all (logging, digimode, cw).

But what I miss is the window that displays the decoded CW just like it is for RTTY and PSK31.
I would love to have also the window showing rx and tx text sent and received in CW.

Would that be possible? That would persuade me to leave other logger software behind and do all with Rumlog!
It can't be that hard since the window exists already for RTTY/PSK31.

Thanks a million
Phil OR5A
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: CW same type of window as RTTY/PSK in KX3 mode

Unread post by DL2RUM »

For CW decoding, you should use your ears. :roll:
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
or5a

Re: CW same type of window as RTTY/PSK in KX3 mode

Unread post by or5a »

Well I know, but as hard it is for me and some others perhaps, I like to use this mode a lot but I'm not great at it.
So the decoder helps me when others sending to fast. Since I now use CwGet in Windows or the small tapper band on the KX3 the solution in Rumlog would be so much better.

73 Phil