CocoaModem

QSO logging software for the Mac
nineback

CocoaModem

Unread post by nineback »

New user to Mac and RUMlog. I am using a Macbook Pro 2014 version and a MicroKeyer II. After spending several evenings playing around I now have the radio and RUMlog talking to each other and can send CW just fine. When I try RTTY from within RUMlog CocoaModem transmits just fine from the Digi window in RUMlog. CocoaModem by itself will not key the radio and transmit. Also none of the characters are showing up in the digi window from RUMlog nor is any of the waterfall showing up. Actually the waterfall is not showing up in the actual CocoaModem window either but the RTTY is being decoded just fine except it is not being passed to the RUMlog digi window. I am using the Microkeyer II in FSK mode.

Any ideas?

Tom
KQ5S
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: CocoaModem

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There are a lot of options available, I have to know your station setup and your intentions. FSK or AFSK?
In a recommended station setup, cocoaModem acts just as a modem. What TRX do you use? Do you use the MKII for CAT? First make sure, the CAT from RUMlog to your TRX is working. RUMlog uses the Wideband RTTY and the PSK interface only. Make sure these are configured correct in cocoaModem.
CocoaModem by itself will not key the radio and transmit.
I am using the Microkeyer II in FSK mode.
RUMlog is responsible for PTT switching, not cocoaModem. When you use the MKII for FSK, cocoaModem is out of the path. Make a selection in the RUMlog Preferences under the Digi Menu - See the PTT popup. I.E. PTT via CAT. You could use the microHAM option, but your MKII must be configured for PTT switching as well.
Actually the waterfall is not showing up in the actual CocoaModem window either but the RTTY is being decoded just fine except it is not being passed to the RUMlog digi window.
Make sure you configured the Wideband RTTY interface. When there is no waterfall, the audio may be to low. Make sure RTTY is selected as operating mode in RUMlog.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
nineback

Hi Tom,
I m using the MKII for PTT and for FSK. PTT works fine from the digi screen. Receiving and sending work well but only on the CocoaModem screen. Nothing is transferred to the digi screen. There also isn't any waterfall showing up on the digi screen nor is there a tuning indicator on the CocoaModen screen. I adjusted the volume but still no waterfall. If I go to the CocoaModem config screen for RTTY I do see the waterfall there.

I have selected wide rtty.

Thanks for your help.

Tom
KQ5S
nineback

Please disregard. I restarted CocoaModem and all is fine now. The Wide rtty did the trick.

Tom
nineback wrote:Hi Tom,
I m using the MKII for PTT and for FSK. PTT works fine from the digi screen. Receiving and sending work well but only on the CocoaModem screen. Nothing is transferred to the digi screen. There also isn't any waterfall showing up on the digi screen nor is there a tuning indicator on the CocoaModen screen. I adjusted the volume but still no waterfall. If I go to the CocoaModem config screen for RTTY I do see the waterfall there.

I have selected wide rtty.

Thanks for your help.

Tom
KQ5S