Callsign window losing focus when K3 window open

QSO logging software for the Mac
g4sjp

Callsign window losing focus when K3 window open

Unread post by g4sjp »

I am using 5.3.7 with an Elecraft K3/P3 combination.

I use the K3 control window in Rumlog to do things such as band changing etc. My operating is almost entirely of the search and pounce variety, however following a CQ, I had a small pile-up of JA's this morning and came across a problem that I had never noticed before. I have the main logging window auto-activated. If I type a callsign into the callsign window and then transmit before using the tab key to start logging, when the K3 returns to receive the callsign window goes blank and the entry is lost, even though the main window still has focus. It is not an rf issue because it happens even when the K3 is in in TX test mode - i.e. with no rf being emitted. This only happens when the K3 control window is open and the blanking happens when the radio is first polled. Adjusting the polling rate only changes the length of time it takes for the callsign window to be cleared. The problem can also be provoked by use of the RIT/XIT keys on the K3 front panel. To re-iterate, I only see this behaviour when the K3 control window is open.

I am using a fresh installation of 5.3.7

It may well be operator error, but I can't see where. I have happily used Rumlog for some years now.

73 Stephen G4SJP
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Callsign window losing focus when K3 window open

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Do you have activated the option Menu-->Log-->Clear after QSY?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
g4sjp

Unread post by g4sjp »

Hi Tom,

No, I do not have clear after QSY activated.

73 Stephen
g4sjp

Unread post by g4sjp »

I'm now getting this error window after a period of inactivity:

"An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down"

Is this anything to do with it I wonder?

73 Stephen G4SJP