Sending to LoTW

QSO logging software for the Mac
W4JBB

Sending to LoTW

Unread post by W4JBB »

Using version 5.3.8 of RUMlog. When I try to upload to LoTW, I get a bouncing icon (indicating "needs attention") on the Dashboard, but no "window" showing which one needs attention. If I click on the icon, I get the following:
Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 5.26.21 AM.png
If I click "OK," I get another instance of RUMlog. I'm not sure what I have configured incorrectly here. This second instance seems to send everything fine - I get confirmation that the QSL's were sent. I then have two instances of RUMlog running and have to shut down the second one.

If I do nothing, the QSO's eventually are sent, but the program locks up. Which causes me to have to restart the computer to get RUMlog to shut down (a Force Quit doesn't work).

I have recently deleted the .plist file and rebuilt it from scratch because of another issue (something happened when I went from 5.3.5 to 5.3.8 but I don't remember what).

Any ideas?

Joel
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Sending to LoTW

Unread post by DL2RUM »

During LoTW upload the RUMlog application is hidden to allow the user to see the tqsl windows. Otherwise these would be located in the background. After tqsl has finished an OS routine makes RUMlog active again. It seems at this point your system starts another RUMlog instance, instead of bringing the running one back.

It seems there is a "dead" copy somewhere on your HD, maybe in the download folder. The message means, that the file "DXCC.rsd" was not found. This file must be located in the same folder as the RUMlog application itself. You can use the Dock's option menu to find the path of the running application. Make sure, your are running RUMlog from the RUMlog folder only.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
W4JBB

Unread post by W4JBB »

Thanks, Tom. I'm still learning a lot about OS X having come from Windows. I didn't realize I could get the working directory by right-clicking on the icon on the dashboard. Thanks for that tip.

As it turned out, the application *was* running from a directory in my Downloads directory. I was not sure how to redirect it (well, I guess I could have run the program from the correct folder - I didn't think of that until just now), so I just deleted that folder in Downloads. When I re-ran RUMlog, I right-clicked and it appears to be running from the correct directory now. I have not had a chance to test it, but when I do, I'll post the results.

Thanks.

Joel - W4JBB
W4JBB

Unread post by W4JBB »

Tom,

I finally got a chance to test the LoTW upload and all is well now. Thanks for the help.

Joel - W4JBB