Rumlog 5.3.8 and Solar Terrestrial Data

QSO logging software for the Mac
wr5g

Rumlog 5.3.8 and Solar Terrestrial Data

Unread post by wr5g »

I believe the n0nbh site may have recently changed its format for Solar Terrestrial data feeds. I notice now the data feeds in the Rumlog window all have old data. i.e. one screen (Orange) has a date of June 14th (today is June 24th) while the (Gold) screen has a date of May 25th... It is very bizarre since almost every different screen color (Orange, Gold, Green, Red, White Light, etc.) has a different date listed for the feed. :shock:

Is anyone else experiencing this same condition with the Solar Terrestrial Data window (Picture or HF)?

73 de Jerry (WR5G)
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Rumlog 5.3.8 and Solar Terrestrial Data

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Looks good here.
Sun 1.png
Sun 2.png
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
wr5g

Unread post by wr5g »

Hi Tom,

Maybe there is a config file that is different in my settings folder that is possibly caching this data?

I may try and just do a complete re-install for 5.3.8 instead of just replacing the application itself.

Thanks, Jerry (WR5G)
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There is nothing to configure. It seems, there is a cache between your internet connection. Or do you use a proxy?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
wr5g

Unread post by wr5g »

I am not using a proxy and all other data communications work as expected... LoTW uploads, DX Cluster Telnet, QRZ lookups, etc all work as they should... In fact the VHF solar data feeds do work and are current data feeds, it is just the HF solar data that shows old data. Not a big deal if it does not work, I just wanted to see if anyone else was also having the same issue.

Thanks for the quick reply Tom... I appreciate your assistance with checking on this for me.

73 de Jerry (WR5G)
K3DCW

Unread post by K3DCW »

Sorry for jumping in late, but I just checked this out on my machine and at first it wouldn't show at all, then I closed the window and told it to open again and the update data was there; for whatever that is worth.

Dave
K3DCW
Dave
K3DCW

"Hamming it up on macOS"
G4FSU

Unread post by G4FSU »

I'm also finding the solar terrestrial data window no longer works. Closing the window & re-opening it doesn't help. just a blank window with a question mark top centre.

It's always worked fine for years & I assumed there was some configuration problem on my side, but it appears others are seeing it also.

Also maybe worth noting is that it works fine on RUMped, it's RUMlog that seems to no longer work for me.

73 Ian G4FSU
K6LE

Unread post by K6LE »

All the windows seem to be working fine here.
Rick Prather
K6LE
Modesto, CA

2016 iMac 27" 5K
MacOS - HS