Can't connect to DXCC.res and UCSDB database

QSO logging software for the Mac
w6ub

Can't connect to DXCC.res and UCSDB database

Unread post by w6ub »

Using RUMlog 5.3.5 with Mavericks:

When starting RUMlog the follow errors are posted: Can't connect to DXCC.res and Can't connect to UCSDB database.

Several RUMlog features seem to be working well, such as the cluster and ADIF log imports. I have RUMlog and RUMlog-5.3.5 folder in 'Applications' and DXCC.res along with my log.rds in 'Documents'. I have enabled RUMlog to open these items but that didn't help. Where should I locate the various components?

Do I need to remove RUMlog and reinstall?

Thanks,
Larry W6UB
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Can't connect to DXCC.res and UCSDB database

Unread post by DL2RUM »

After downloading just unzip the downloaded file and move the complete folder to a location where ever you want. Do not move files out of the folder.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
w6ub

Unread post by w6ub »

"After downloading just unzip the downloaded file and move the complete folder to a location where ever you want. Do not move files out of the folder."

Tom, I think this is what I did initially. Once the unzipped file is in the Applications folder, then what? Click and open RUMlog main file from within the folder? Some startup instructions would be helpful.

Can I recover from where I'm at now or do I delete everything and start over?

Thanks,
Larry
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Just move all files back into the RUMlog folder. Your logbook files can be located outside. In the folder is a User's Manual provided. Please start to read the chapters "Installation" and "Quick Start".
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM