LOTW-in QSL received but "red" even though in log

QSO logging software for the Mac
K7RAN

LOTW-in QSL received but "red" even though in log

Unread post by K7RAN »

Someone sent me a QSL via LOTW ("in") for a QSO I had previously uploaded ("out") to ARRL via Rumlog/TQSL.

When it arrived in Rumlog, it was highlighted in "red" as if it had not been sent before. So I went to ARRL/LOTW and queried, and sure enough, I confirmed that it was there. The only difference was that the time I sent to them was 1534, and the other station had listed it as 1535. So I then sent a duplicate to ARRL at 1535, hoping that Rumlog would then see a match, and put an "X" in the received column. That didn't work.

Next I downloaded an ADI file from ARRL/LOTW with that confirmed QSL in it, but when I attempt to upload it in Rumlog, the program exits with a "nil exception" error.

I'm wondering how I can get the program to list the received QSL as "X" in the LOTW column?

Any help would be appreciated.

Randy K7RAN
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: LOTW-in QSL received but "red" even though in log

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Maybe you have edited the QSO after uploading? The QSO data (time, band, mode, etc) must match exact with the uploaded data.
A red highlighted QSO indicates, that this QSO was not found in the log.
The best solution in your case is just to edit the LoTW status manually to X using Menu-->QSO-->Edit

The application crashed, when you read the downloaded data in the "LoTW In" window using the "Read file from ARRL" button?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K7RAN

Unread post by K7RAN »

Thanks! Edited. (It is a mystery how it ended up not syncing automatically, but this is the first time this has happened. I don't think I edited the QSO after sending.)

As for the "nil exception," yes, it crashed after reading the downloaded data (the ARRL's generated .adif file) in the "LoTW In" window using the "Read file from ARRL" button.
K7RAN

Unread post by K7RAN »

Sorry, I was clicking the "Read File From Disk" button and trying to upload an ARRL-generated ADIF file that confirmed the contact. I suppose that was silly. I should have simply "edited" the QSO and manually marked the LOTW/QSL as received.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Oh sorry, my fault. To read/import the downloaded LoTW QSLs you have to use the "Read file from disk" button. This caused the crash. For any reason, one line of source code was gone away. :-(
Thanks for the hint, the error is corrected: http://dl2rum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=517#p2309
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM