RUMlog Beta 7, Minor changes

QSO logging software for the Mac
DL2RUM
Administrator

RUMlog Beta 7, Minor changes

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The current sunset and sunrise times are now presented. When the current time falls in this time slot, the text color becomes red. The time slots are the time between sunset/sunrise and the time, when the sun is 6 deg. below the horizon.

The rst fields are now more flexible. Inputs like 59+ or 599+20 are now allowed. These „extensions‘ are not printed on the QSL! Please note, you can adjust your column width in the log view by clicking and moving in the header.

What is not new, but I‘ve never mentioned: RUMlog can control the Elecraft K2 transceiver as well. You have to select the Kenwood TS-570 in the preferences. I‘ve got the feedback from K2 users, that this works fine.

Here the direct download link:
http://www.dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMlog2007-Beta.zip
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
jdevarie1

Re: RUMlog Beta 7, Minor changes

Unread post by jdevarie1 »

Hello, I have been using this program and I think it is awesome. One question tough. When entering contacts on 75 or 80m I noticed that it displays "??" in the band column. Why is that? What am I missing?

Other than that. Keep up the good work.

regards,
Jim
WA1JIM
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RUMlog Beta 7, Minor changes

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hi Jim,
make sure you have set the correct band edges in the Frequencies/Mode tab in the preferences. Here you can define the band borders. As default RUMlog uses my settings, the european band plan. So when you log a contact on your 75m band at 3900Kc RUMlog will detect it as out of band and sets the band to "??". Further the frequency field is displayed in red colors.
log.tiff
log.tiff (6.54 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
log.tiff
log.tiff (6.54 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
Enter the correct frequencies in the table and restart RUMlog to use the new values.
To correct your always entered QSOs, just select the line in the log and go to Menu --> QSO --> Edit and press the "Save" button without any further action. This will recalculate the band.

I hope this helps.

QRGs.tiff
QRGs.tiff (12.21 KiB) Viewed 4348 times
QRGs.tiff
QRGs.tiff (12.21 KiB) Viewed 4348 times
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM