dxcc.tiff
dxcc.tiff (29.16 KiB) Viewed 12427 times
dxcc.tiff
dxcc.tiff (29.16 KiB) Viewed 12427 times
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K9TF

Re: RUMlog FAQ

Unread post by K9TF »

Is there a Keep Alive feature for the Packet or Telnet connection? What time is the Keep Alive feature set for? Am I able to adjust it? I would like to set my own for 3 minutes. The node I connect to drops me off cause of inactivity, I think, and need to shorten the time to see if it fixes the issue.

Is there an easier method to check this problem out or a solid node on the internet for me to connect to, to make a determination on this? I am running a packet program called Spot, connecting to K3NC cluster and I do not have this problem. I have reason to suspect that when my Mac is Idle and the hard drive shuts it self down at night, cause I have it on 24-7, Rumlog may not like that. How ever during the contest this week-end it has NOT had the problem, so I have more a reason to believe it is eather the node or the Keep Alive time setting. On some nodes 5 minutes is a bit too long, I use to set VE7CC program to 3 min and had very few issues. Most of the time it was my connection to the internet or the nodes connection.

Setting Keep-A-Live to even 4 or 4.5 minutes would be good. Could be a CPU timing issue. Some clocks on some CPU's run faster or slower must be another Windows PC compiler issue thing.

For Rumlog I use K9USA or N9JR-2 nodes on the internet using Telnet.

Jim
Jim K9TF
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Currently the time is fixed to one minute. Every minute RUMlog will send just a line feed. I have had never problems with disconnects. There is a lot of activity this weekend, due to the WPX. I will check it out next week.
Please give me the access data for your preferred cluster.
K9TF

Unread post by K9TF »

Well then that rules out the program and Keep-A-Live. Must be node issues or my CPU. I will have to dwell on this and see what I need to do next. Any ideas?

Thanks. Jim
Jim K9TF
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

What about your internet connection? Maybe it shuts down, when there is no traffic?
K9TF

Unread post by K9TF »

That thought had occurred to me at one time. Glad you brought it up. I was wondering if I can leave some type of internet web page open on the computer that updates regularly. Do not know what kind of web page live video or what. Have your heard of any thing like this before? What was done in the past?

Jim
Jim K9TF
K9TF

Unread post by K9TF »

Oh What do you mean by inactivity? Me not moving the mouse or key board or nothing going on at the packet node or what?

Jim
Jim K9TF
n2fq

Import Error messages?

Unread post by n2fq »

Hello.

Where does Rumlog put these error messages?

They scroll up to fast to read and there is no scrollbar

in the window to scroll to the beginning.

tnx. 73 Fernando N2FQ
DK5LP

Unread post by DK5LP »

Hi Fernando,
please be patient.
Tom works outside (VP2MUM).
vy 73
'Karl'-Heinz, DK5LP / AK5LP
n2fq

Unread post by n2fq »

Tnx Karl. I appreciate the note and no problem waiting.

73 Fernando N2FQ/6