CW and Phone keyer with MicroHam USB II

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
KF7P

CW and Phone keyer with MicroHam USB II

Unread post by KF7P »

Hi Tom-
I'm still using the micoHAM USB Interface II with my IC 746pro here. I do have rig data appearing in RUMped the way it should...I can change band/mode from the computer and vice versa. I'd like to get the CW and phone keyers to work if I can. (They both work in MacLogger DX).

On the Preferences>>>Phone tab, I have selected an audio file that plays when I hit F1. But it does not trigger the PTT in the radio. If I go to the TRCVR tab and check the box DTR it does not work either. If I check the RTS box and save it, the rig goes into transmit and stays transmitting until I go back and uncheck the box. In your "New in RUMped 2.0" pdf file, I noticed that there is support for some microHAM devices, but the last paragraph says to refer to MH original windows software, which doesn't make sense to use on a Mac.

On the General tab, I tried selecting the microHAM port from the drop down menu (usbserial-U2PMQN1X), and checking the CW and Voice boxes, but when I hit save I get an error " can't open port for microham!"

I'm probably missing something, or maybe the USB II just isn't compatible.

Chris
KF7P
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: CW and Phone keyer with MicroHam USB II

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hi Chris,

no, this can not work in that way (yet). The functions you want are not supported in RUMped for this interface. I use a USB microKeyer II which works fine. Also the MK2R could work. I referred to the windows software for configuring the microKeyer devices.

When you need only the PTT function for voice, I could try to add this.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Here we are.
I have a similarly interface here and it works, please check out and report. Do not use the microkeyer options, since they are for the micro Keyer II. For the audio PTT use the options below the "Phone" tab in the preferences and to activate the CW keyer go to the CW tab.

CW is very critical. I have it not activated until today, because I'm not very happy with it. But when you ask for.... Give it a try.

Read the provided 'What's New' file: http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/rumpednews.html
Download here: http://www.dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMpedBeta.zip
kf7p

Unread post by kf7p »

Hi Tom-

I should have mentioned in my first post that I am using beta 2.0 with contest maker, which I downloaded a couple weeks ago.

Is the zip file in your hyperlink above a modified version of beta 2.0? If it is, I'll download and try it tonight when I get home.

Thanks!

Chris
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

What do you think about me???
The latest version is Beta 12, dated from today.
KF7P

Unread post by KF7P »

I think you're crazy! Well, a crazy nice guy to make custom changes on the spot. Thanks! :D

Chris
KF7P

Unread post by KF7P »

Hi Tom,

I installed Beta 2.0 v12 and It still won't PTT the radio when I hit F1 (but the audio does play in the computers speakers).

The CW keying doesn't work at all; under the "interface" drop down box, there are the following: none, Winkey, and TRX built in. My USB Interface II is none of those, so I guess I'm not compatible under the current configuration. Looks like I need a WinKeyer or a MK II ($$$ ouch).

Chris
KF7P

Unread post by KF7P »

WAIT WAIT Hold on, user error. I won't tell you what I did, it's embarrassing :-)

It works! Fantastic! Excellent. Thanks Tom! Pat yourself on the back, this app. an amazing piece of work.

Chris