Code definitions for KX3

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
VA3PCJ

Code definitions for KX3

Unread post by VA3PCJ »

Can the code definitions for the K3 be accessed and edited within RUMped?
I would like to change some of them to better reflect the codes used by the KX3.

Thank you,

Jose VA3PCJ
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Code definitions for KX3

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Code definitions ???
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
VA3PCJ

Unread post by VA3PCJ »

Hi Tomas,

Sorry if I did not used the proper terminology. I was referring to what in the programming docs for the K3/KX3 are reffered to as "switch identifiers", and that Julian Moss G4ILO calls (in the docs of his KCOMM program) "radio control commands". These are the programming codes one needs to implement for correcting interfacing between the software and the radio. Although RUMped (3.2.8) does work with my KX3, some of the "K3 controls" do not ellicit the right response. For ex.: clicking on "A/B" in the "K3 Control Screen" is like pressing "MSG" in the KX3; "A=B" briefly transmits; clicking on "Memory 1" is like tapping on "CMP" and clicking on "Memory 3" is like tapping on "CLR". I was wondering whether RUMped had some kind of a CFG file where these "codes" could be modified for the "K3 Control Screen" to work better with the KX3.

Thanks.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Well, it's a K3 control window, not KX3. I haven't made the required changes for the KX3 yet. RUMlog woks fine with the kX3.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
VA3PCJ

Unread post by VA3PCJ »

Ok Thomas, fair enough.

Both RUMped and RUMped are great pieces!

Much apprecited.

73 Jose VA3PCJ