CallMaster

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
aa4ga

CallMaster

Unread post by aa4ga »

I'm getting ready for this weekend's ARRL SS - it's mostly going OK...at least I think I'll be OK!

I do have a question about the CallMaster file for checking partial calls.

I downloaded master.scp from http://www.supercheckpartial.com - this looks to be in the same format as the MASTER_DX.TXT file supplied with RUMPed. I then went through the master.scp and removed all non-US/VE calls and renamed the file MASTERWVE.txt. I then ran MakeMasterDat.app and skipped Select VHF DB, and selected the MASTERWVE.txt file I created for the DX DB. 16,870 DX calls were read, which seems OK.

What should the Contest Database Text File be?

I skipped that and got "16870 calls read" again.

This last time, a CallMaster.rsd was not saved, but on previous tries, it was saved in the Callsign-Master directory. I moved the file to the RUMPed 3.2.7 directory and start a new contest, but I'm still getting DX stations indicated when a partial call sign is checked.

I'm sure this is operator error - can someone give me some guidance?

73 de Lee, AA4GA
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: CallMaster

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I'm wondering, there is no documentation for this.
For the Call Sign Check RUMped uses a single SQLite database, including call signs from DXers, from HF contersters and from VHF contesters. In the DXpedition mode, RUMped uses the DXer and for contests the contest call signs only!
The data sources are simple text files, as you have seen. To create your own database perform following steps:
  • In the folder, where the application 'MakeMAsterDat' is located, delete the database file 'CallMaster.rsd'
  • Start the application.
  • You will be asked 3 times for the source files in this sequence:
    • VHF call signs with grid square
    • DX call signs
    • Contest call signs
  • Copy the new created file 'CallMaster.rsd' into your RUMped root folder
Probably you haven't deleted the existing database first. So new entries were added, but nothing deleted.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
aa4ga

Re: CallMaster

Unread post by aa4ga »

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the assistance - once i deleted the original CallMaster.rsd and re-ran MakeMasterDat.app, everything worked just perfectly!

I will report back after the contest with thoughts, ideas, etc.

73 de Lee, AA4GA