ESM works for S&P but not for RUN

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
M0TDK

ESM works for S&P but not for RUN

Unread post by M0TDK »

I am running RUMped on OSX 10.8.5 on a Macbook Pro. Everything works well connected to my K3 and USB Winkey except for RUN with ESM.

When I put in a call sign in RUN + ESM mode and press return, the keyer only sends the first letter of the call sign. If I press return again, it sends the second letter and so on . So if the call I enter is N1ZZ and then I press return 5 times, after the 5th return the Run message is sent. If the run message is blank I still get the callsign one letter at a time.

Can anyone explain what the problem is please?
Also what does the %CORRECT message do? :D
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: ESM works for S&P but not for RUN

Unread post by DL2RUM »

It seems you are using a WInkeyer?
Make sure, you have enabled the "Serial Echoback" and the "Paddle Echoback" options. The "Type ahead" feature needs the feedback from the keyer to know which character is sending. This allows you to edit the call sign while sending it. This saves a little bit time, because you can start the exchange message before you have finished typing the callsign.

The %CORRECT macro is used in the TU message. This will send his callsign as confirmation, when it was edited after the exchange message was sent.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
M0TDK

Re: ESM works for S&P but not for RUN

Unread post by M0TDK »

Many Thanks Tom.
I enables "serial echo back" and "paddle echo back" and the program works perfectly now. Congratulations on a great contest logger - I shall be using it in future.

73s and thanks again

Tony M0TDK