Can't get K3 working

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
ww4b

Can't get K3 working

Unread post by ww4b »

Hi everyone .I have been trying to setup rumped to communicate with my K3 without success .I have the K3 working fine with rumlog so I know the hardware is ok and I think I have all the settings the same but I can't get the software to recognize the K3 .The Winkey is shown but no K3 .Any ideas ?
Thanks ,Glenn WW4B
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Can't get K3 working

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Where is the K3 not shown? In the TRX list or do you can't see the serial port?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
ww4b

Unread post by ww4b »

I can see the serial port and I don't get an error when I enter it but the k3 doesn't show up when I go to the logging window and reseting it does help .I am having the same problem with both Rumlog and Rumped but another mac logging program I have works fine .I though at first that one serial port on my usb converter has died but that is not the case .I switched serial ports and that seemed to fix it but after posting a QSO in the not real time mode it seems to have quit working again .Deleting the QSO didn't change anything .
ww4b

Unread post by ww4b »

Hi Tom here is some more information .The computer can talk to the K3 .That is if I enter a frequency into the call window and press enter the K3 changes frequency .In rumlog the QRG window doesn't change .Also when the program first loads it is on 15 meters but then quickly shows 7002 in the QRG window .In Rumped the band changes when I input the frequency into the call window but the band does not change when I change bands by the band button on the k3 .The K3 controls window does show any information .I have a P3 pan adapter that I thought might be causing the problem but no change when I disconnected it .
Thanks, Glenn WW4b
ww4b

Unread post by ww4b »

Hi Tom here is one more thing I found .The problem seemed to start when I logged a QSO not in real time and made a mistake in the frequency entry (70026.5 instead of 7026.5) and went back and edited it .Then I could not get the QRG window to change when I selected realtime logging .I closed the program and found that Rumped was having much the same problem .I just tried rebooting the computer and everything came back to normal .I had the same thing the other night but I don't know what I did to cause it and I didn't try rebooting it so I don't know if that would have fixed it or not.
73 , Glenn WW4B