Announcements to fast or I'm too slow!

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
aa0aa

Announcements to fast or I'm too slow!

Unread post by aa0aa »

Hi everyone;
I am trying to learn to use Rumped but have a problem- When in a contest the dx spots in the announcement window run by so fast that I can't click on them! I can use Rumlog and the spots for the same cluster run by slower.

Is there any way to make them run by a little slower so my old hands can click on them fast enough?

Thanks for all help or advice

Scott AA0AA; XE1/AA0AA
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Announcements to fast or I'm too slow!

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The scrolling is inhibited in RUMlog, when the mouse in the window. I guess I have to add a similar function in RUMped.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
aa0aa

Unread post by aa0aa »

Thanks Tom!

I am trying to learn to use Rumped for contesting but when in the contest I find myself chasing the spots up the window and they often escape me and leave the window! For normal non-contest operation with many less spots I have no trouble--but I am using Rumlog for that.

Maybe the problem is with my slow mind--the programs have so many good features that I easily get lost trying to learn them all! (hi, hi!). Thanks for such an excellent program, Tom.

Scott AA0AA; XE1/AA0AA
aa0aa

Unread post by aa0aa »

DL2RUM wrote:The scrolling is inhibited in RUMlog, when the mouse in the window. I guess I have to add a similar function in RUMped.
Tom and all;
I tried to use RUMped in the CQ-WPX last weekend and it was even worse for me than before--the calls were scrolling by almost too fast to read! I switched to a more simple logging program, opened a new log for the contest, and when done I moved the contacts over to my RUMlog file.

I would have used RUMlog (the main spot window scrolled much more my speed!) but I wanted a simpler interface that would just put in the freq. and the exchange and let me get on to the next one.

Scott XE1/AA0AA; AA0AA