Newby: K3, MicroKeyer II, cM and PSK config.

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
k6osx

Newby: K3, MicroKeyer II, cM and PSK config.

Unread post by k6osx »

Hello All,

Going into my first FD as the RTTY/PSK operator and want to use my Macbook Pro (10.5.8). No real working experience with digital modes, just an occasional contact here and there. Using the good info in the "Feeling like an Idiot..." thread I seem to have been able to get RTTY working via FSK-D. Now I would like to configure PSK as an available operating mode.

RTTY via FSK was pretty straight forward. Not sure which data mode I should use for PSK on the K3 (AFSK, Data A or PSK-D). Since I'm a newby and this is a big learning experience (i.e. contesting, using RUMPed, RTYY & PSK), I'd like to make it simple to minimize "operator error" as much as possible. To be honest, not sure if I should being RUMPed instead of RUMLog given my minimal logging/contesting experience.

I'm a little fuzzy on what to configure in cM and RUMped for the PSK mode. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vy 73 de k6osx,
Darin
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Newby: K3, MicroKeyer II, cM and PSK config.

Unread post by DL2RUM »

For PSK you should use the Data A mode. Configure cM in the same way as you would do, when you use cM as a stand alone program.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
k6osx

Unread post by k6osx »

Thanks. Do I need to worry about audio routing, will default settings for both cM and RUMped be ok?
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Well, pending on your hardware configuration you have to set at least the audio input and output (PSK only, not FSK) device.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM