Problem creating initial log file with RUMped ver 3.0

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
M0JEK

Problem creating initial log file with RUMped ver 3.0

Unread post by M0JEK »

I have downloaded the latest version of RUMped 3.0, thank you for releasing it Tom.
However, I am having but of a problem. When the program starts, it obviously doesn't find a Log file so offers to create one. I do this, but RUMped then crashes with an exception, every time. Please see attachment.
rumped crash on log file initialisation
rumped crash on log file initialisation
I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on a PowerBook G4

Is there any dubbing info I should grab for you? I have run dtruss script, but there is a lot of stuff to sift through and I am not that sure what to look for. :oops:
73 de André, M0JEK
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Problem creating initial log file with RUMped ver 3.0

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There were some problems when starting for the first time. I hoped these failures are fixed now. :(
Are you sure, you are using the latest version 3.0.5? Please tell me exact when the problem occurs. To make sure you have a clean install, delete the preference file in your local /Library/Preferences folder called: de.dl2rum.rumped.plist.
  • Start RUMped, the first time a message should pop up: "Log not found! - Do you want to create a new log file?"
  • Press "OK"
  • Select a contest, enter your call and ww locator and press "Okay"
  • Navigate to a place where you want to save your log, enter a file name and press "Save"
  • The Preferences Window opens, confirm your call and ww locator and press "Save"
Now you should be able to log.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
M0JEK

Re: Problem creating initial log file with RUMped ver 3.0

Unread post by M0JEK »

Hello Tom,

Thank you, all works now. I was using RUMped 3.03 :oops: Seems I must have missed the update as I hadn't tried it out till now.

Now that I am on RUMped 3.05, it is now working as expected!

Next time before I post I will first download again. It just wasn't obvious that there was a new version, sorry. :mrgreen:
73 de André, M0JEK