TYPE=MYISAM Error

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
allenk

TYPE=MYISAM Error

Unread post by allenk »

I get an error with MySQL & RUMped when creating a new log that says

Code: Select all

You have an error in your MySQL syntax; check the manual the corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MYISAM' at line 1
Anyone know how to fix this? I have no problem with using a MySQL server on a networked windows computer, but installing it on the Mac and creating a new log I get that error above.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: TYPE=MYISAM Error

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Which MySQL version do you use? On what a machine?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
allenk

Unread post by allenk »

DL2RUM wrote:Which MySQL version do you use? On what a machine?
5.5.8 mysql on 10.5.8 OSX

Should I be using a previous version of mysql?
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I'm still using 5.1.26. Maybe there were some changes. I removed the MYISAM option during creating the tables, since it is the default type on a Mac.
Please try attached version.
http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMpedToTest.zip
allenk

Unread post by allenk »

DL2RUM wrote:I'm still using 5.1.26. Maybe there were some changes. I removed the MYISAM option during creating the tables, since it is the default type on a Mac.
Please try attached version.
http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMpedToTest.zip
I reverted back to 5.0,

MYSQL removed the syntax TYPE and went to ENGINE in the newest versions. So it's ENGINE=MYISAM or something like that.

I cant try it, but I'd recommend upgrading your mysql to the latest stable version and testing rumped with it so you have the updates with mysql incorporated into rumped :)

Thanks for the help. My other post can be deleted with the slow & laggy title. Running mysql localhost fixed it.
pe1pts

Unread post by pe1pts »

Hello,

I just setting up RUMped to give it a try in my very first Contest experience.

I have the same error. I tried, what seems to be the 2.0 Beta 4.0 version :) The database error seems to be disappeared, I also read that the TYPE= decapricated (oops bad spelling).

Wondering, for the next challenge, this app verison is missing CallMaster.rsd file. Do you have a complete Beta packagde like the original installation, I would love to try.

Thanking you for your precious spare time.

Vy 73 Michel -pe1pts-
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Well, for the Beta 40 I uploaded the application file only. Just copy the new application into your existing Beta 39 folder. You can download it here again: http://www.dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMpedBeta.zip
There is also a tool provided to create/modify your own call sign master database.

BTW, I finished the swap to another database. :-) When I started with RUMped for around 10 years ago, only MySQL gave the performance I requested. The Macs and the software became better and now I can use a simple SQLite database, the same I use in RUMlog. There is no further installation required. I had to check/change about 700 lines of code, where I query the database. The work is done and I have to test a little bit more before I can release it for public.
pe1pts

Unread post by pe1pts »

Ow that's super :) I'm looking forward, gonna find it out how it works coming weekend as I try my first contest :)

Thank you for your good work :)

Vy 73 Michel -pe1pts-
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You can give it a try: http://www.dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMped.zip
You have to go again through the preferences. :-(
Which contest is this weekend?