eHam Review

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
wa6l

eHam Review

Unread post by wa6l »

Hi, Folks,

I was very happy to find a contesting program for the Mac, and used RUMped this weekend in the CQ WW CW contest. It was a pleasure working in the native Mac environment and the software worked absolutely flawlessly. I felt compelled to write a review of the program at eHam, and you can read it at http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/95704 It is a very positive review, although I do mention a few features that I would like to see added at some future date.

I had to create the product on eHam and mine was the first review. Please feel free to add a review of your own as a thank-you to DL2RUM for such a nice program and for all his work and support.

John, WA6L
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: eHam Review

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for the very well written review. I get not much feedback, so I guess there are only few users out there. I never used N2MM or Wintest, only ct by K1EA for years ago. That's why ideas for new features are always welcome.

HANDLING OF DOUBLES
There is a QSO b4 option. But it is active in the ESM mode only. Most contesters use ESM. It should be no problem to add this option for the "normal" (non ESM) mode.
BTW, I don't like this QSO b4 option, I never use it.

SEARCH AND POUNCE MEMORIES
This is a great idea. A kind of memory pad.

SENDING SPOTS
No problem.

Currently I busy with RUMlog, but I have your suggestions on my list.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM