FT-950 Support

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
K3DCW

FT-950 Support

Unread post by K3DCW »

Any chance of getting support for the FT-950/FT-2000 in RUMped as there is in RUMlog? I'm willing to help test, if necessary.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
K3DCW
Dave
K3DCW

"Hamming it up on macOS"
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: FT-950 Support

Unread post by DL2RUM »

This should not be a problem. It takes a while, since I'm busy with RUMlog currently.
The testing tasks are not very time consuming. Thank You!
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
M0JEK

Unread post by M0JEK »

And while you are doing that, how about adding the FT-450? :D The command set is mostly the same anyway.
I am happy to do testing too.

Tom, I do appreciate greatly the work you are doing with RUMlog and RUMped, and I know it is done in your spare time.
73 de André, M0JEK
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

I added FT-2000/950/450 support for a half year ago. I never uploaded it, can't remember why. Please try it out and report:
http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMpedBeta.zip
M0JEK

Unread post by M0JEK »

Hello Tom,

I have tried the new Beta 36 with my FT-450, and the initial testing shows that it does work with the FT-450, and the band changing is working. I need to do more testing, however. I will be away from the radio for a few days, meaning that I might only have a chance the coming weekend.

Thank you for making the program available :D
73 de André, M0JEK
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There where problems with the FT-950, try this one please: http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMpedToTest.zip
M0JEK

Unread post by M0JEK »

Hello Tom,

I have tried the Beta 37 of RUMped in my shack with FT-450. I can report the the radio connectivity works. The only minor radio control glitch is that sometimes band switch seems to get out of sync, but that might only be due to switching to much during testing?

However, there is a bigger issue that has crept in on my system. I have had to move back to using RUMped 2.0 Beta 30, because both Beta 36 and 37 don't seem work nicely on my Mac OS X 10.4.11 system.

It seems that the latest versions of RUMped beta loose their preference settings. Every time I start the application it says there aren't any preferences set, which is not true. Also all my macros are missing. It seems to not find the last settings entered, and also I have to tell it to open the database every time.

Also the RTTY tuning guide will not show anymore ....

Moving back to Beta 30, everything is fine, except no radio support for the FT-450, but at least I have a working contest and DXpedition logger :-)
73 de André, M0JEK
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Can you e-mail me your preferences file? It's named "RumDX.plist" and can be found in your Library/Preferences Folder .
M0JEK

Unread post by M0JEK »

DL2RUM wrote:
I can't see a failure. Maybe is the file corrupt? Wrong user privileges? Delete the RumDX.plist file and try again. It has to work on your system!
Hello Tom,

I have tried what you suggested, but no change, RUMped Beta 37 still can't find preferences on re start-up, after I had filled in the new preferences after RumDX.plist deleted. It is very strange. If I tell it to open a log, then preferences appear to be loaded (including radio settings), but no macros. Also the RTTY tuning aid does does not show spectrum or waterfall. I use cocoaModem. Everything is fine on Beta 30 as before. All very strange.

Might I need to upgrade Mac OS X? I will continue poking around a bit more this evening ...
73 de André, M0JEK
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Crazy! I checked the code to find out what will cause this error message. It is not the preference file itself, I look for the "DBI" tag, in this tag are stored the database settings. But this looks good in the file you send me. :-(
Do you use any special characters in the log filename?