FT-950 Support

Contesting and dx-peditioning with the Mac
M0JEK

Re: FT-950 Support

Unread post by M0JEK »

No, no special characters. I will see if I can have a further look this evening, and see if I can try and trace the strangeness. Just a thought. Do think nuking the database(s) and rebuilding afresh from scratch, i.e. a new RUMped install might help?
73 de André, M0JEK
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

No!

The problem must be within the plist file.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
M0JEK

Re: FT-950 Support - plist troubles

Unread post by M0JEK »

Last night I wasn't able to do much poking around with RUMped, however I am not sure if this proves anything, but I notice that Property List Editor can't open RumDX.plist. It shows the following error, but if I check the file I don't see any obvious problems with the file.

The document "RumDX.plist" could not be opened.
Attachments
RumDX.plist open error
RumDX.plist open error
73 de André, M0JEK
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Yes, I know. Even on 10.6 I can't open it in the Property List Editor. This should not be the problem.
Error.tiff
Error.tiff (30.24 KiB) Viewed 5105 times
Error.tiff
Error.tiff (30.24 KiB) Viewed 5105 times

Code: Select all

<key>S&P</key>
	<false/>
To make sure this is not the problem, open the plist file in a text editor and search for the complained "&" and delete it. I use this in the keyword "S&P" (It will be reappear again while quitting RUMped.)
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
M0JEK

Unread post by M0JEK »

Behaves as you expected , Tom. Removing the '&' from the file allows it to be opened by the plist editor.

Anyway, still can't get Beta 37 to work but Beta 30 is still fine. It is late here, I will have to look at this another day. Thanks for the help effort so far.

All I can think now, is to grab the build tree from you and see what it does if compiled on 10.4, but like you say ... there really is no reason why Beta 37 is not working.
73 de André, M0JEK
M0JEK

Unread post by M0JEK »

Hi Tom,

I have an update w.r.t the strange problems with the preferences file, etc. Well, it is all working now, and I am using Beta 39. What I needed to do was to create a new fresh log and all seems to be working now. I have removed all the older problem logs from the database, just incase I accidently use one and the problem returns.
73 de André, M0JEK