DX spotting

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
N3RA

DX spotting

Unread post by N3RA »

Used RUMlogNG for the first time in CQWW this past weekend. Thanks so much for all the work associated with creating this great software.

I had one question.. when in contest mode and I want to spot either the station I have entered in the callsign field or the Q already logged (most recently logged), how do I do that?? The macros in the terminal window don’t seem to pick up the contest log current or previous callsign (and associated freq). I resorted to manually typing in the cluster terminal window. I was wondering if there was a way or setting to get the terminal macros to pick up the call and freq info from the contest log? Or maybe there is a shortcut key sequence that would allow you to spot the call in the callsign field or the most recently logged call?

Thanks much
Scott, N3RA
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: DX spotting

Unread post by DL2RUM »

There is no provision for that in the contest interface. I could add it on the To Do list.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
N3RA

Unread post by N3RA »

Thanks very much. That would be wonderful. 73 and thank you for everything
N3RA

Unread post by N3RA »

If you ever want to add that and need someone to test it, I would be glad to do that. I think it would be a really useful feature to be able to quickly send a spot from the contest log screen. Thanks again
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

:o It's already included since November 2018. :o
See Menu-->Contest-->Send current QSO as dx spot. When there is an entry in the callsign field, this station will be spotted. Otherwise the last saved QSO.
N3RA

Unread post by N3RA »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Wow. I am so NOT observant.. Thanks.. I don't see one, but does it happen to have a keyboard shortcut? Like ctrl S or something? THANKS again and sorry for the dumb question.
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

You don't see it?
There is no short cut, but you can add a short cut by yourself using the System Preferences.