Contest: Cabrillo export

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
K9QJS

Contest: Cabrillo export

Unread post by K9QJS »

The Contest module of RUMLogNG 3.12.2 creates Cabrillo files with a Zero (0) at the end of each QSO record. Why is the thinking behind that happening? Is there a way for me to change how I use RUMLogNG so that doesn't happen. That zero interferes with the automatic scoring programs for some of the contests I have entered, and I have had to remove that zero manually.

Thanks for RUMLogNG!

Hoop
K9QJS
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: Contest: Cabrillo export

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The trailing zero indicates the station number, see the Cabrillo specification. This may not be required for all contests.
Which contest is affected? From which "automatic scoring programs" are you talking?
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
K9QJS

Re: Contest: Cabrillo export

Unread post by K9QJS »

Tom,

Thanks and that is helpful to know. Looking in the Cabrillo specifications for QSO-data, I see it is the transmitter number. First time I noticed that.

Which "automatic automatic scoring programs", you ask? I don't know and/or can't remember. What I do know is that I have on a number of occasions been contacted by a contest manager and been told to correct my log. The fact that is happening suggests that the contest manager might not be using a standard automatic scoring program. I am preparing for the Washington State Salmon Run (state QSO Party) http://www.wwdxc.org/salmonrun/ In the past, I manually delete the zero - the transmitter number.
I am also preparing for the US Islands Contest, a very small contest by comparison.
http://usislands.org/qso-party-rules/

I use the RUMLogNG General Contest more often than not, and that module's Cabrillo export is where I am seeing the transmitter number (0) appear.

Hoop
K9QJS