RUMlogNG and WSJT-X FT8

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
N4KHQ

RUMlogNG and WSJT-X FT8

Unread post by N4KHQ »

I am really enjoying use RUMLogNG wifi FT8, I am wondering if there is a better way of utilizing RUMlogNG than my current workflow. My current way of logging is as follows. RUMlogNG is pull the QSO information from WSJT-X and puts it in the logging window. RUMlogNG looks up the call from HamLog and displays the info along with a map in a side window. Double clicking for example the State moves the state to the logging window.

I have the Save QSOs to Log Book checked IN UDP preferences and when I click in WSJT-X to log QSO the QSO is automatically saved in RUMlogNG. I get much more information in the log form WSJT-X by using automatic save than saving the logging window. However once the QSO is saved I can not add info from the Hamlog/qrz lookup not even if I am editing the QSO. I have to manually enter information from the lookup window on the right.

Is there a way to tell RUMlogNG which fields to save from the lookup and use RUMlogNG auto save log for JT8 QSO?

Thanks
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RUMlogNG and WSJT-X FT8

Unread post by DL2RUM »

The function Menu–>QSO–>Add QSO data may be useful in your scenario.
http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/en/pages/HamQTH_qrz.html
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
N4KHQ

Unread post by N4KHQ »

Yes Add QSO Data works great, I read it but it did not register until you sent the link. Thanks
N4KHQ

Unread post by N4KHQ »

Yes Add QSO Data works great, I read it but it did not register until you sent the link. Thanks