RumlogNG + fldigi + XML-RPC = Freeze

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
w6ipa

RumlogNG + fldigi + XML-RPC = Freeze

Unread post by w6ipa »

Hi,

I'm posting this here as the fldigi community has not been useful.
I have observed that fldigi decoding and waterfall would freeze when rumlogNG is configured to send data to fldigi.
Another user has observed this behavior: https://groups.io/g/linuxham/message/35192
The freeze stop as soon as i uncheck the send data.
This is on MacOS 10.12.6

I have not checked with other software - so cannot confirm that this is related to RumlogNG.
I am wondering if anyone here has observed this, or found a solution. Also, could it be the frequency at which Rumlog is sending the packets ?
is there any hidden tunable that can be changed ?

Thanks for a great software !

JC
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: RumlogNG + fldigi + XML-RPC = Freeze

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Seems to be a RUMlog issue, I haven't solved yet. I work on it, but no success yet.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
w6ipa

Unread post by w6ipa »

Tom,

I did more research on this problem. I have found that RumlogNG opens one connection for each request (the main.get_trx_status requests).
Then, it seems that fldigi is not closing the connection when it receives a FIN. I have posted this issue on linuxham mailing list.
You can see that there is a lot of connections in the FIN_WAIT_2 state and CLOSE_WAIT state.
At some point this overwhelms fldigi and it doesn't send response to connection request.

Is there anyway to reuse the same socket for the XML-RPC requests ?

JC
DL2RUM
Administrator

Unread post by DL2RUM »

JC,
this information is very helpful for me. Tnx. Since I can duplicate this problem, I have now an idea how to continue trouble shooting.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM