DX Spots woes

RUMlog, the Next Generation. Completely rewritten.
G0KOM

DX Spots woes

Unread post by G0KOM »

Ok i see about 20 percent of spots in the terminal window not appearing on my DX Spots Windows, the only settings I have ommitted are 160m and 80m, bands I dont use, for instance, I am currently seeing nothing in the DX Spots windows for any 6m spots above 50.100, can anyone shed any light on this, thought it might be something to do with the QRG setting but nope its not that.

Adrian G0KOM
Last edited by G0KOM on Tue 23. May 2017, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
G0KOM

Re: DX Spots more woes

Unread post by G0KOM »

or maybe it is something to do with the QRG settings but whatever I do I cannot get it to display correctly for 6m, can someone explain how I get 6m to display correctly when the Data segments are actually above the phone parts of the band, I seem to be going around in circles here, it would appear that its Band Edge, then CW, then Data, then Phone, but thats not the case on 6m, is there away round as ive now got it to display but its showing phone QSOs as Data which means I cant untick data in the preferences screen as phone QSOs will not then show up as spots as it thinks they are Data, confused :-)

Adrian G0KOM
DL2RUM
Administrator

Re: DX Spots woes

Unread post by DL2RUM »

Well, the mode recognition won't work correct on 6m. You should ignore it.
To find the problem with the missing spots, we have to see your relevant settings a screen shot of your spot- and terminal window.
73 and best dx de Tom, DL2RUM
G0KOM

Re: DX Spots woes

Unread post by G0KOM »

Hi Tom

Ive sorted it now, basically the missing spots were because I had unticked Data as I dont want Data spots but I have had to tick it again now as 6m is one of my most used bands in the summer so I just have to ignore the mode now, not too worry.

Adrian